What better way to test compression than to push the body beyond its limit? Our girl pulled on a pair of these tights in Carlisle Castle and ran The Wall Ultra all the way to Newcastle. That’s 69 miles in just one day. Perhaps when we offered her a night on the Toon this wasn’t really what she had in mind, but she made it to the Gateshead Millennium Bridge and these RX Compression Tights helped to reduce cramping and muscle soreness as well as reducing the risk of injury all the way across the ancient frontier of the Roman Empire. Over such distances, it’s the tiny things that make a big difference and the performance of your kit is no exception.
The science bit: RX Compression Full Tights are able to aid performance by delivering more oxygen to the leg muscles, squeezing out lactic acid and reduce muscle vibration during intense exercise. Made from our RX fabric these tights also deliver high levels of moisture and temperature control - crucial on endurance challenges. With reflective detailing these will also aid visibility on night runs.
RX fabric gives you all this:
- 80% Nylon 20% Lycra® Sport Energy
- UV protection against harmful rays
- High performance graduated compression
- Aids recovery
- Moisture wicking fabric
- Strategically placed mesh to increase air flow
- Light and durable material
- Four way stretch
- Anti-chafe flatlock seams
- Warp knit weave
- Silicon gripper tape on waist
- Tested at Progressive, Loughborough University
- Superior warp knit design to maintain the shape and durability of the fabric